Gentle Shore

Gentle Shore
This was an early morning start. I have been rereading a book by Mary Todd Beam called Celebrate Your Creative Self, and I could hardly wait to get a brush in my hand! I had already started preparing the surface to paint yesterday, so this morning I just had to choose colors, additives, and get started! 

I really love the things that are happening here. I love having texture without the heavy paint application. I like the ways the colors are combining and moving on the paper. I just think the painting feels happy and relaxed. 

I was thinking about a verse this morning, too, that has tied in with this as I worked. I have found it to be so encouraging to think about becoming more and more like the GOD I love with all of my heart and soul. I am thankful that, although I fail, HE purifies me daily and makes me more like HIM. So humbling. The resting in HIS love and provision of righteousness is like sitting by the ocean - sin and fear sweeping away with each swelling of HIS love and mercy; the affectionate sun of HIS smile. 

Romans 6:22 "But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life." (NASB)

11" x 14" acrylic on watercolor paper

Comments