A new painting, and a thank you

Faith, Hope, and Love

Faith, Hope, and Love
50 x 26 Framed Acrylic Painting on panel

SOLD


Please note: the colors and contrast on these photos may appear different on different monitors.



This is an acrylic painting with a dark background, and raised boards representing these three virtues. There are many ways of expressing each of these ideas, but my hope was to bring about contemplation, interest, and emotion connected with each.





 Faith, hope, and love as I painted them here are inspired by Scripture; particularly 1 Thes. 5:8, 1 Cor. 13:13, and 1 Thes. 1:3. Each panel is an attempt to communicate the characteristic without resorting to trite and overused symbolism.










The background is textured and multicolored, but dark and intense, communicating the backdrop against which these virtues shine even more brightly.










And a big thank you...

And secondly, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to my dear friends, the Baldwin family, for being the first ones (outside my family) to express their confidence in my ability to paint them a painting for their home by commissioning me for this painting. 

Comments