We Shall Have Spring Again

 There is a quote 
about spring in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis: "And when he [Aslan] shakes his mane, we shall have spring again." And in The Screwtape Letters, "He [meaning God] gives them the seasons, each season different yet every year the same, so that spring is always felt as a novelty yet always as the recurrence of an immemorial theme." 

When I posted this painting on social media, I had this to say about it: "Hoosier spring is redbuds in bloom, lilacs, mushroom hunting, lime green trees against aqua skies... it's rejuvenation and hope." And I didn't even mention the dogwood trees, violets, dandelions, and so much more. I would never have called spring my favorite season, but maybe it is. The riot of spectacular color - especially the spring green with the purple and magenta blossoms - just satisfies something in my soul!

$215.00 plus shipping and handling
12 " x 9"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on panel
Ready to frame


And now, I think it might be a perfect time to go outside and take a walk, don't you? 

Comments