Starting to get back on my feet - literally!

Joy (Fruit of the Spirit series)
 There is some good news this week - at least, it is good for me! I have decided to try using my ankle (after not putting any weight on it and keeping it elevated for over 2 months!) and it seems to be holding up pretty well. I am walking the fine line (see what I did there?) between getting back into the studio and not overdoing it. It seems to be a tricky balance - oh dear. Another almost pun!

Joy (Fruit of the Spirit series), 2015
12" x 12" x 1", ready to hang
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on hand-made, prepared cradled wood panel
Edges painted black
Contact me to purchase

My birthday was earlier this month, and in spite of much of the day being spent in the recliner, I had a very enjoyable celebration. I got to see both of our adult kids, got to go out (with my rolly-cart) to dinner TWICE, and to top it off, my family managed to find gifts for me that were just right! I have a very difficult time thinking of things I want or need for my birthday, and they really surprised me. I received (among other things) antique pottery dishes from the set I collect, a Minnesota Wild Hockey stocking hat and blanket, and Rembrandt is in the Wind by Russ Ramsey, which is a book I have read once and have wanted to reread. Isn't that a creative bunch of gifts?
Before It Rains

A new larger abstract painting is now on my easel, and I have started working on it. The first several layers are done, and I felt so moved by what I was painting, and the fact that I was painting again, that I had to sit down for several minutes mid-stride. Actually, now that I think about it, that was probably good for my ankle. I kind of forget about pain when I am painting...

Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on canvas panel
Ready to frame
Available at Lakeland Art Association Gallery

My Beloved Husband and I started my journey back into the art world by retrieving my work from the Acrylic International Biennial Juried Exhibition. I still am so honored to have had my painting hanging in an exhibit with such beautiful works. Then we attended an awards reception for my local art association, and I was surprised and delighted that one of my more representational paintings, Before It Rains, won first prize.
True/Faithful (Fruit of the Spirit series), 2015

12" x 12" x 1", ready to hang
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on hand-made, prepared cradled wood panel
Edges painted black

I have actually had to work pretty hard to maintain my thankfulness plan for the month. I often try to turn my mind to thanksgiving when things are tough, but this last while has been more difficult than usual for that. My guess is that it is really good for my growth and maturity to have to practice harder, don't you suppose? Here are some of the things that I have really leaned on lately. God is all knowing. God is LOVE. God is good. God is all powerful. God has everything well in hand. God is a perfect healer. These things bring me to my knees (figuratively, for now) and I am just astonished that He is fond of me and has MY way planned. How incredible. 

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own understanding;
in all your ways know him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Comments