January Thunder repost

January Thunder, 2017

 The other day, I was reminded of this painting when it came up on my social media feed. I had not posted it on my website yet, and hadn't thought much about it in a while. But I got it out and spent a little time looking at it again, and I really love some of the things I see in it! I feel like I would like to go to that place, because it seems beautiful and peaceful. It also looks slightly cold, and I find that less appealing (ha ha!) 

9" x 12"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on canvas panel
Ready to frame

Our January has been full of some interruptions again this year, with travel plans and exhibit opportunities disappearing at the last moment. January Thunder was painted and posted in 2017 (click here to see original blog post) It would seem that the adjustments that year, which I don't remember, by the way, were brought to my mind by an out-of-the-ordinary January thunderstorm. You would think that by this time, I would adjust more easily to all the interruptions... 

Well, since adapting to change is still difficult for me, and maybe for you too, I will take a little time today to focus on this very familiar passage from the Old Testament. GOD was speaking to people who were exiled from their homes - which makes my troubles practically disappear by comparison - and when I see His character at work with them I am reminded to trust Him more.

Jeremiah 29:11- 13 'For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

Comments