Jambalaya

Jambalaya

"What do you think about that for a title?" I asked my adult son. "I have no strong opinions either way", he said. "Well, oddly enough, it just seems like it is the right title for it," was my answer. You know, I almost NEVER just have a title for a painting pop into my head! 

Sold
22" x 30"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

I have probably told you before, I am not a cook. At all. I can cook, but it brings me zero joy. Which makes it really odd that this painting seems to want to be called by a foodie name. 

Do you suppose it is because it sounds like 'jumble' -  which is where my head has been lately - that I am called to that title? 

In spite of the crazy, jumbled look of this painting, there are a lot of factors that make it good painting. Some of the things that are looked at when paintings are being judged in competitions are color harmony, consistent mark-making throughout the piece, composition and placement of color and marks, and balance (or occasionally imbalance, in some situations) over the entire work. Some judges also look to see whether the painting 'tells a story', or fits a theme or title. 


Well, regardless of whether or not I am a foodie, I think this painting would look fabulous in a kitchen or dining area, don't you? 

P.S. Be sure to visit my website to see more images of this painting! 

Comments