Deep Calls to Deep Triptych

Deep Calls to Deep Triptych

"Wimp!" I tell myself. "You have a comfortable home, air conditioning, a loving family, you get to be an artist - QUIT GRIPING!" As I look back through my blog posts and paintings, I can see that, at least since March, I have been battling discouragement and darkness. 

This week, we finally got word that at least part of the medical struggle I have faced is on it's way to healing, and it is an unexpected "yes" answer to prayer. Actually, there have been several answers to prayer lately that have reminded me that my Heavenly Father is listening to me - his child that HE loves. 


SOLD
acrylic on cradled panels
3 panels - 10" x 10" each
painted edges, ready to hang or frame

Painting is priced as a group of three. If you wish to buy one panel separately, please contact me. 

I was attempting new techniques with this triptych, and my painting is more 'realistic' than I had intended. It is definitely recognizable - probably more than I prefer! 


I worked with a toned surface, a black and white under-painting with glazed color overlaying the black and white (sometimes called chiaroscuro), and I started out with the CMYK color wheel colors - making sure that every color I used except white was a transparent color. The CMYK effects were startling. Sometimes it made my eyes feel like the paintings were back-lit or on a screen. 

As layer followed layer, and as I finally got past the dreaded I-have-totally-ruined-this-painting stage, I saw that the image emerged and is strong. Through several discouraging attempts, eventually an interesting painting showed up.

It definitely reminds me of the layers of fear, worry, and blackness I have been slogging through, and I am so thankful that GOD finally showed up! (I know... HE has been there all along, just shaping me more and more into the person HE designed me to be.)

Psalm 42:6-8 (Amplified Bible) 
O my God, my soul is in despair within me [the burden more than I can bear];
Therefore I will [fervently] remember You ...
Deep calls to deep at the [thundering] sound of Your waterfalls;
All Your breakers and Your waves have rolled over me.
Yet the Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime,
And in the night His song will be with me,

A prayer to the God of my life.

Comments