Consuming Fire


Consuming Fire
Since this is the Christmas season, I know what to paint. Paintings for Christmas. Maybe to use for greeting cards, or calendar pages... you know, red and green; sparkly; the holy family or the magi. 

Well, I chose to start my day of 'work' with my time spent in the Bible. I planned to read a few chapters, spend time in prayer, and listen to my Heavenly Father. He stopped me in my tracks. With a verse I read yesterday, but didn't 'hear'. 



Hebrews 12:28-29 (New American Standard Bible) "Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; for our God is a consuming fire."


A fellow artist recently came to my house/studio, and our discussion amplified my thoughts about GOD being everything that is important. Even in the important things like family, honest character, home and country, church - still, it is GOD that is the consuming fire. Without HIM - without HIS refining fire and purpose - it is all for nothing. 

I want to 'burn up' so that all I do is for HIS glory and pleasing to HIM.
detail 1


SOLD
20" x 20" acrylic on canvas
lots of texture and added natural elements


 

Comments