No Other Name

No Other Name
A movie I watched  recently inspired this painting in a dramatic, but hard to explain way. Often in my abstract paintings, it is not too difficult to understand my symbolism. Here, though I am expressing my responses, I find it too difficult to use words to explain. 

Some of the themes that I noticed were 'gods' that offer 'salvation' from life circumstances. There were several different solutions suggested, such as drugs and alcohol, positive attitude, story-telling, and Eastern mysticism. Although I really enjoyed the movie, and consider it to be a very well done and artistic expression, I find myself strongly opposed to what I perceived as the crux of the statement made. 

Acts 4:10-12 NASB "10 let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead— ... 12 And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

SOLD

16" x 20"  acrylic on watercolor paper, 1/2" white edge

Click here to view on my website.

Comments