Surprising results

Showers & Fireflies
This week, I have had several rejections to art competitions. I don’t usually tell about that, but this time something surprising happened. In a local competition, my two abstract works were rejected, and the small plein air painting of a barn was accepted! This is just WAY outside of normal for me. So I have decided to share one of the paintings that was not accepted, called Showers & Fireflies. It is actually a painting that I really like, so it is even more difficult for me to accept that it didn’t make it into the exhibit. Click here for the original blog post about it.

$1400.00 plus shipping and handling
36" x 24"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on canvas, framed in a floater frame

Click here to view or purchase on my website.

Also this week I have been working on several paintings, including the one I did as a demo in my abstract workshop a week or two ago. I wanted to try to keep it so that it was obviously the same work, but it is morphing quite a bit into something else. It is close to finished, but I don’t want to rush releasing it when I am not sure it is done. 

So, just for kicks, I am also sharing this older work called Out of the Ordinary. It is a small work on paper that was painted with another exhibit in mind, and it was displayed in Pennsylvania for a time. It is not in my usual format, but I like how it turned out. You can see the original blog post for it here. 
Out of the Ordinary


8" x 6.5"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

And also, just in case you were curious, here is the little plein air painting I did of a barn that can be seen across our pasture. I have only done one or two en plein air paintings this year. En plein air, you might remember, means painting outdoors, and it is usually at least somewhat representational, meaning you can recognize what you are looking at in the painting. This one is currently on display in a nearby town - contact me if you want to know where you can go see it!

Comments