New Every Morning #21

New Every Morning #21
If you have been with me for a while, then you know that my New Every Morning series is the name I have given my daily warm-up paintings. This time around, this painting is so important for getting a brush back in my hand, remembering the truth of the verse on which the series is based, and to getting me back online, sharing my work with you! 

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on hand-made, prepared wood panel
Ready to frame

Click here to purchase on my website. 

I have started work on a new bigger painting that has me excited to get painting, but I am waiting on layers drying, so it is a great time to tell you about what I am doing with the next few New Every Morning paintings. I have taken four plywood panels that we have cut and sanded for paintings, and have prepared them using acrylic modeling paste. I have intentionally spread the paste unevenly on the board to give myself different textures to react with as I paint. I normally use gesso in preparing my panels, and the textures I make with gesso are a softer, smoother finish. The paint responds quite differently over this surface, and I am excited to work with it. This play time and morning warm-up time will also be informing my practice on the larger painting I am working on. 


This morning and yesterday morning the sunrise here in Northern Indiana was beautiful in a quiet way. We seldom have clear days here, and when we get a clear, sunny morning, there is just something about the smooth color transitions that "gets me right there". It reminds me of peace and beauty and promise! 

Lamentations 3:22-23
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."


Comments