Bittersweet

Bittersweet
This has been a gorgeous day in Northern Indiana! We actually used our fireplace this morning because of the cool temperatures - so uncommon for this time of year!

SOLD
16" x 20"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website. 

I have two nearly finished paintings from my studio today, and one I want to hold on to and make sure it is really finished. But this one, Bittersweet,  has been on my easel for probably 6 months in various stages, and I am finally considering it done. An artist friend of mine refers to art "stopping in an interesting place", which I think may be a quote, but I am not sure... 

I almost always stop working when I really like (or occasionally really do NOT like) what I am seeing, and I like to set the work back and look at it for a while to see whether I am satisfied, or whether it is asking for more response from me. It is a wrestling match to see who wins - the painting or the painter! Sometimes, the painting wins and I just cover over the whole thing and start over, but I love it when the result of the struggle is a beautiful work of art, showing many layers, marks, and choices. 

But I will look to the Lord ; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me.
Micah 7:7 



Bittersweet is a reflection of recent days, as I have mentioned. I have been reminded that my life experiences and growth show up often in my paintings. I am focusing today on the beautiful complexity of these last months. 

Comments