Swoop
![]() |
| Swoop |
Maybe I was daydreaming, I am not sure, but I "saw" two birds swooping down behind tall grasses, and there was a cloud of colored blossoms in front of them. The birds actually were swooping around more like barn swallows do when they fly close to the ground when we are mowing. They were very, very fast, and they came close at very steep angles. It is not at all obvious, but there are two birds here. One is just pretty much obliterated by the grasses.
There is an area of our back yard where my Beloved Husband planted a huge number of wildflowers for me this past spring, and they are growing tall and a little bit crazy on the edge between our mowed yard and our pasture. I think some of them are nearly 7' tall! I took some photos of that band of blossoms to help me with this painting. It is not my usual process, but on this painting I painted from the back forward. I painted the greens in the far distance, then some of the closer, longer strokes of the green.
Update: sold
12" x 9"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on canvas panel
Ready to frame
Next came the birds. My mom used to tell me that when I was tiny, I watched and knew the names of all of the birds that came to our feeder. But when I was a little older, my siblings and I were weeding the garden, and we were "attacked" by swallows! I vaguely remember this event - I definitely remember the garden. It was behind the garage at one of the places we lived. I wonder if that memory is part of the reason I have never wanted a garden...
Now, I can enjoy the birds at our feeders outside (does that make me officially old?), but I still am uncomfortable when they come too close!
Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds of the sky: They don’t sow or reap or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you worth more than they?


I see the birds! And that makes a lot of sense with all that green and the colorful flowers. But I must admit my first glance had me thinking whale tail!
ReplyDelete