Color Swatches

Color Swatches
In preparation for an event, I am doing some paintings in different palettes than I usually do. I had color swatches to match, and it was a challenge that I don't often face trying to get my acrylic mix to disappear when I painted them on those little swatches! It was fun for me to work on it. Did you know that acrylic paint changes color (darkens) when it dries? So when you mix, it is important to make the mix lighter than you want the end result to be. I am really pleased with the way this particular piece has turned out. 

12" x 12"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on canvas panel
Ready to frame

The event that I am preparing for is a wedding and I have had my mind on weddings quite a bit, as a result. I recently started reading in the New Testament gospel of John, and one of Jesus' first public actions as recorded in John was to provide wine for a wedding. John 2:11 Jesus performed this first sign in Cana of Galilee. He displayed His glory, and His disciples believed in Him. "He displayed His glory" is the phrase that especially caught my attention. How beautiful it must have been to be part of that first miracle that Jesus did while walking on this earth!

Other news: I don't remember whether I told you that I have a painting in the new Artists Magazine & American Artist Best of Acrylic magazine. My painting was one of the finalists in the 13th annual AcrylicWorks competition and this past week I received my copies of the magazine! I was delighted to find that my painting and words are given an entire page. I am not sure whether or not this issue is available yet in book stores, but when it is, you can find my painting toward the back in the Abstract section, of course. 

Comments