Just Right

Just Right
Well, it looks like I will be sharing another more representational piece with you this week. I have to confess that I probably painted this one (instead of a more abstract painting) because it has been so challenging to prepare for the workshop I am teaching this weekend! I am slogging through my preparations - which hopefully means that the workshop itself will NOT be a slog! (By the way, due to a medical situation, a participant has had to drop out, so if you would like to attend there is ONE opening. Email me right away to get this spot for Saturday in Warsaw, IN.)

$100.00 plus shipping and handling
12" x 4"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas
Click here to view or purchase on my website.

Painted from life with a palette knife, and what fun it was! The roses smell fabulous! I used a gold underpainting, and then just three colors plus white, and the only brush work is the signature. 

This morning as we had our "couch time" before work, my Beloved Husband and I were talking. Well, to be honest, he could barely get a word in, but it went something like this:

Me: "I know we have had plenty of rain, and I don't really want the woods to be even more flooded, or the farmers' fields to be too wet, but I hope we get rain today."

BH: (takes a breath to respond)

Me: "I don't know why I love the rain so much, but I sure do!"

BH: (breath)

Me: "I'm so thankful that I can ask God for the rain as much as I want to, but He will only send the right amount, no matter what I ask for."

BH: "Mmhmm"

Me: "Why is it so easy to see that He takes care of everything for the best like that when it comes to rain, but when I ask Him for other things, it is harder to see..." 

BH: ... 

If you know us at all, you know that he doesn't usually have to fight me for space for words! I am much more likely to be the listener, even when it is just the two of us on the couch at zero-dark-thirty with our coffee cups. 


The whole idea of asking what I want in full confidence that God will provide what is right is closely related to this verse:

John 16:27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from the Father.

Wow, what a comfort!

Comments