June updates

Gentle Shore, 2014
Click here for original blog post
Well, this June is flying past, and I am slipping a little bit on my art goals, but what fabulous other opportunities I have had! I will hope for a chance to catch up on my paintings in the coming months, but am enjoying time with family and other summer experiences. 

So, while I tell you a little about one of those great times, I will share a couple of older works that you may not have seen, or you might not remember. 

Gentle Shore, 2014
11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Offering, 2016
Click here for original blog post
About a month ago, or a little more, our Beloved Daughter invited us to go as a family to a woodworking school for a carving workshop. Well, to be more exact, she invited her brother and her dad to do the workshop, and invited me to come along for the ride, so to speak - which was a great idea, since I wasn't sure my hands could take on the carving challenge. The second day of classes, I was allowed into the classroom to paint as my family carved. Such a treat! I may decide to share my painting at some time, but first I want to decide whether to do more work on it. I only painted for about an hour, and the subject was very complex. 

Offering, 2016.
40" x 30"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

We also rented a house for the weekend, which worked out so well for our two adult kids and us. We could all have some elbow room, and we pretty much came and went when we wanted to. 

Also, since I last talked to you, I have spent more time walking on trails near home, and mowing (which I love to do) and doing some day trips, among other things. How does your schedule change during the summer months? I am a little surprised that ours changes as much as it does, considering that we don't have school kids at home. 

Paint What You Love, 2023.
Click here for original blog post. 

Paint What You Love, 2023.
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Thanks for reading my ramblings about some of our summer activity. These things remind me of God's blessing in my life, and of this from 
Psalm 16:5-6 
Lord, you are my portion
and my cup of blessing;
you hold my future.
The boundary lines have fallen for me
in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.

Comments