In the Secret

In the Secret
Well, today I have finally finished the demo painting that I started in my workshop over a week ago! One forgets that it is difficult to keep after a goal in summer, doesn't one? Or is is just me? 

I am struggling (again) to get a photo that shows this painting at it's best, because it looks deep and quiet and lovely photographed inside, but the details show better in the sun. I am starting out with a photo from indoors since it is inspired by my woods, where it is deep, quiet, and lovely.

$290.00 plus shipping and handling
12" x 12"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas
Edges painted black

I have told you many times about the story about our woods, and how I am waiting for some kind of redemption for the destruction there, though I cannot imagine what that redemption will look like. A week and a half ago when I walked there in the morning for inspiration and exercise, there was a small area of light showing through under some of the trees. It was a golden green color, and I thought it was hopeful, not so much in a material sense as in an emotional and spiritual sense. Can you see the woods, the bright area, the sun peeking through the leaves in this painting?

The title I have chosen for it is from an older worship song, In the Secret, by Andy Park. We used to lead a worship team in the church we attended, and this song was in our rotation of music. 

In the secret, in the quiet place
In the stillness You are there.
In the secret, in the quiet hour I wait,
Only for You,'cause I want to know You more;

I want to know You,
I want to hear Your voice
I want to know You more.
I want to touch You,
I want to see Your face
I want to know You more.

In the last few days, I have felt the need for that quiet, secret place where I can focus on my Savior and the bright hope He brings me. The bright spot in the woods seems like a promise, and I am grateful for it! 

Psalm 91:1-2 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!”

Comments