 |
| Glade |
What a delightful weekend we had! We had a trip to northern Michigan on the agenda in order to drop off my painting that has been accepted into the Great Northern Art Explosion. We got to visit our beautiful daughter on the way to and from, since she lives about halfway there. And on the way, I received an email telling me that my painting in the Acrylic International Biennial Juried Exhibition was awarded a prize! This was completely unexpected in this highly competitive exhibit, which is on display in the Kenosha Public Museum in Wisconsin. I am so grateful.
4" x 4"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep cradled wood panel
Edges painted black
Glade is a return to my little 4" square palette knife painting practice. As I have mentioned before, these little ones are a good way to return to the studio when I have been unable to paint in a while.
Evidently, it is difficult to discover the grazing cow in this painting! I thought the black cow was pretty obvious, but the people who have seen the painting have not seen her. I was drawn to the black cow against the bright grass with the wildflowers in front of her.
Comments
Post a Comment