Rhythm

Rhythm
It was a good trip to Dallas to see our son, though I would recommend you allow yourself more than 4 days for a round trip from Northern Indiana to Dallas and back! I loved seeing him, meeting his roommate, seeing the campus of Dallas Theological Seminary where he is attending, and seeing how he is already making friends and finding his rhythm in grad school. AND, to make matters better, we only got slightly lost once or twice! 

So today, I am making an effort to get back into the rhythm of my own life. I went to the gallery to take down my August joint exhibit, and caught up on mail, email, and errands. And now I am really excited to finish my preparations for the Abstract Classes I will be teaching beginning next week. 

6" x 6" 
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on hand-made, prepared wood panel
Ready to frame

It was great to get back into a more normal rhythm this morning. I love the routine of coffee, calendars, and prayer time on the couch (most mornings) with my Beloved Husband.  And I also love my quiet time later in the morning after he goes to work. I got back into the New Testament book of John today, and I am surprised this time through how much I love this book! There is an introduction to the people in the stories that makes me feel like I want to meet them, and there are words of Jesus that make me concentrate and think very hard. And it seems to be colorful and vigorous. Here is a verse I enjoyed this morning:

John 16:27 "for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God."

Today's painting expresses rhythm and flow of daily work and routine. It is part of what I was considering as I work with new colors and practice less familiar (to me) composition in preparation for classes. It is my painting for the fifth day of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge I am part of. I am excited to paint again tomorrow!


Comments