Delight

Delight
I really wish you could come and look at this painting with your great eyesight. (I have to wear glasses to see it...) The detail and color are just delightful - if I do say so myself. 

Delight has been a favorite word of mind for a LONG time, maybe because it is one of those cool words that sounds like what it means, you know? Like whoosh! (Onomatopoeia, anyone?) At least, it does to my ears. As I am typing, a beautiful, tinkle-y song has come up on my iPod, and it seems to 'say' delight, too. 

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on hand-made, prepared wood panel

Ready to frame


Well, also the weather is perfectly warm and sunny today, and it feels, you know, delightful. Now I just need to keep myself paying attention to find a pleasant smell and taste, and I will have all five senses filled with delight! (Does Diet Mountain Dew count?)

There are so many places in the Old Testament book of the Psalms that speak of delight. I want to share a few of my favorites with you. 

Psalm 1
"1 How happy is the man
who does not follow the advice of the wicked
or take the path of sinners
or join a group of mockers!
2 Instead, his delight is in the Lord’s instruction,
and he meditates on it day and night."
detail

Ps 36:7 "How precious is your steadfast love, O God!
    The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
8 They feast on the abundance of your house,
    and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
9 For with you is the fountain of life;
    in your light do we see light."

Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Psalm 40:8 "I delight to do Your will, my God;
Your instruction lives within me.”

Psalm 46:4 "There is a river—
its streams delight the city of God,
the holy dwelling place of the Most High."

See what I mean? Aren't they, well, delightful?

Comments

Post a Comment