Who Are YOU?

Who Are YOU?
Earlier this week, I was so excited to find a website that I loved of another artist. I have visited her site several times, and I am still loving it! I love the depth into which she goes as she explains her work, life, and inspiration. 


12" x 12" painted with artist quality heavy- body
 acrylic paint on cradled panel

Ready to frame 
or hang

One of her projects set me working in a different direction than she is working, but with a very similar concept. To put it into only a few words, it is the idea of allowing any and every thing to call me into worship, and to ask my Heavenly Father, "Who are YOU, Lord, that You can make that sunrise" or "that You allow me to notice such tiny beauty" or even "that You can allow that situation?" This concept really struck a chord with me. I had to paint it, but how in the WORLD do I paint something like that?

This is a layered painting, and the part that appears white is actually iridescent silver. The purple is a favorite color to me, and makes me think of royalty. I love to work with texturing as I did in this one, and it makes me think of something being made with care - handmade. 

Exodus 15:11 “Who is like You among the gods, O Lord?
Who is like You, majestic in holiness,
Awesome in splendor, working wonders?"

Comments