Lots of news...

The Power of Hope, 2023.
In a corporate collection
Well, I have so many things to tell you! I have been busy, though I have only gotten back to painting in the last couple of days. I have one on the easel that I love, and I can hardly wait to finish it and show it to you. (And then, on to a whole bunch more that are already under way.)

This month the Artists Magazine special edition featuring the Best of Acrylic winners (also known as AcrylicWorks 11) is in the bookstores, and I visited Barnes & Noble to look for it, because I have a painting that was chosen! Do you  remember The Power of Hope from the Hope Project that I worked on last year for a local hospital? It sure made my day to find the magazine there, and to find my painting inside!


Fear Not Little Flock
As you might remember from way back in August, my painting Fear Not Little Flock was juried into the International Acrylic Biennial Exhibition. I feel so honored to have this piece in that show, and it will hang in the Kenosha Public Museum until early November. (The painting is still available, but is on hold until it comes home from Kenosha. Click the title to see it on my website.) I would sure love to go and visit the exhibit, but my calendar is suggesting that that may not be the best idea. 

Speaking of calendars, earlier this week, I got my copies of the Christian Seasons Calendar, called Salt of the Earth. My artwork is featured on the page for the Easter season, and that is my favorite day of the year! I was pretty happy to have my work chosen for that page. (The painting was commissioned, and is now in its new home.)

Prayers & Promises
Last Tuesday, my Beloved Husband and I went to Indianapolis to hang Hopeful, a solo exhibit in the Off Broadway Gallery; South Side Art League, 299 E Broadway, Greenwood, Indiana 46143. The normal hours at the gallery are Wednesday-Saturday 11am – 3pm, but this Friday evening there will be an artist reception from 6:00 - 8:00 and I hope to see some of you there. The gallery has two rooms, and one will be exhibiting the art of the Art League members, and the other is all my work. I have to say, I thought it looked pretty nice! 

And last, but far from least, I am now scheduled to teach a workshop at the Goshen Painter's Guild in Goshen, Indiana. The workshop will be Saturday, November 23 from 9:00 - 4:00. More information can be found on their website here, and I will be adding information on my website under "Events" soon. 

I hope to have new work to share with you very soon! 

Coram Deo.
Brenda

Comments