DPW featured artist

Maple en Plein Air

 This past week I received a very surprising email! As I have mentioned to you (probably too many times), I have started posting my plein air and representational paintings on Daily Paintworks. Well, Daily Paintworks has invited me to be their Spotlight Featured Artist for the next couple of weeks! I have to tell you, I was shocked to be invited to participate in this way. 

As part of the program, one painting is chosen as a giveaway, and I have responded to questions that will be posted in an interview format. Maple en Plein Air will be the giveaway painting, and I have been told that my two week spotlight will happen starting Friday, August 5. There is no cost to participate in the drawing for the painting, and there will be a banner at the top of the DPW page with my name (Brenda Kay Paintings) and a link to my interview. I encourage you to visit and sign up for the painting, and I would LOVE IT if one of my newsletter subscribers were to win! Contact me if you need assistance finding the link! 
Thunderous Applause
SOLD!

Yesterday I painted two paintings to try to work ahead for this next month, since we are going to be very busy with family and travel. I posted one on social media, and (again, to my shock) it sold within minutes! I felt like this was a GREAT encouragement to keep working this way, as well as continuing with my abstract work. (I have one on the easel that I am very excited about!) 

So, I am about to get busy painting again this morning. I plan to blog more about each of the questions that I responded to in the DPW interview, since for many of the questions, I had too much to say for the short format of the article. Looking forward to lots more studio time, and more plein air painting when it is not quite so sticky and buggy out! (Yes, I am pretty wimpy about that, I admit!) Talk to you soon! 
 

Comments