He Who is Mighty Has Done a Great Thing

He Who is Mighty Has Done a Great Thing
"He Who is mighty has done a great thing
Taken on flesh, conquered death's sting
Shattered the darkness and lifted our shame
Holy is His name...

Now my soul magnifies the Lord
I rejoice in the God Who saves
I will trust His unfailing love
I will sing His praises all my days."
He Who Is Mighty, Sovereign Grace Music

This is the song that has been going through my head as I have painted this painting. The concept of GOD Himself becoming one of His own creations in order to rescue us, the idea of His coming into our dark world, and the beauty of His grace to us all have overwhelmed me as I work to articulate with paint and canvas this Christmas gift to mankind. 


36" x 36"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

Click here to view on my website.

Luke 1:46-49 (ESV)
And Mary said,
“My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.
For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.

in situ with sculpture by C. Lindemuth

Comments