Hymn

Hymn
 For the last two days of the challenge, the hymns that I have chosen to paint for my challenge have been older 'church hymns'. I grew up singing the hymns, and many times they come readily to my mind in different situations. Today, though, I want to use a more recent hymn, (though it is even starting to be old!) Hymn, by Randy Stonehill is a song that I have listened to for a long time. In 1985 it was released on an album called Love Beyond Reason. 

NLA
11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on canvas panel
Ready to frame

I think that, rather than 'muddy the water', I will just share the lyrics of this hymn. 


Hymn
In this land of the walking wounded
In this desert of countless sorrows
I will cling to his hand today and fear not for tomorrow

In my heart I have made this promise

With this song I declare my choice
I will walk where the shepherd leads and heed no other voice


In the chill of my darkest hour

I am saved from my deep despair
For the father who loves his children hears my trusting prayer


In my soul there is one light shining

From the flame of my true belief
And its embers cannot be quenched or robbed by any thief


In the end we are not forgotten

And our journey is not in vain
For the master who bought us here 
Will lead us home lead us home again


Written by Christopher Thomas Allen, Warren Reginald Cann, William Currie, Midge Ure • Copyright © EMI Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing Group

Comments