Beyer Trail Landscape

Beyer Trail Landscape
Makoto Fujimura has written an excellent book called Culture Care, and I have really enjoyed reading it! I currently have a lot of highlighting and bracketing in my copy. 


9 x 12" painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on canvas


Here are some quotes that I have particularly enjoyed:

"An encounter with beauty can show us what could be, and can make us rightly dissatisfied with the way things are." pp. 55-56

"Art is ultimately not "useful". It serves no practical function. This is why it is indispensable, especially in the modern age." p.81

"I am not a Christian artist. I am a Christian, yes, and an artist. I dare not treat the powerful presence of Christ in my life as an adjective. I want Christ to be my whole being." p. 84

With a couple of chapters to go, I look forward to finishing the book. I cannot tell you how many pages of underlining I have in my copy. I would encourage you to read it too!

Comments