Delivered

Delivered
The trapped feeling of a person experiencing fear is part of the concept in this painting. Fear can enclose and isolate, and can be debilitating in some instances. 

Recently I have gone through an experience of fear when I discovered that I am claustrophobic. The panicky feeling stayed with me for several days after the event that 'enlightened' me, and I noticed how I felt unable to participate in life, and even short of breath and generally fearful - just from a bout with claustrophobia

A couple of verses from the Old Testament book of Psalms have been encouraging and have built my hope as I have passed through this surprising time of extraordinary fearfulness on my part. They reminded me that, ultimately, my life and every event I encounter are in HIS hands, and though I may pass through extreme difficulty, HE will deliver me from the fear. 

Psalm 34:4 (New American Standard Bible) 
I sought the Lord, and He answered me,
And delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 34: 19 (New American Standard Bible) 
Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers him out of them all.



No longer available
8" x 10" mixed media on canvas
 

Comments