Sunday, March 20, 2016

Every Good Gift

Every Good Gift
Another of the paintings done for my Art Show and Open House, 'Every Good Gift' is  much more subtle than many of my paintings. In some sense, I want to portray how many of our daily, multifaceted opportunities and responsibilities are gifts from GOD. Even though they may not seem splashy or have a powerful impact, these things make life beautiful. 

$150.00, $10.00 S & H
10 x 10 acrylic on watercolor paper, mounted on cradled panel


The small circles falling from the top of the painting are not in a high contrast color, either. I am just thinking today about how often I do not appreciate the beauty of the daily things - I can breathe clean air without assistance, I have a place to live and plenty to eat, I have a family that I am crazy about, I have GOD's actual words that I can read, and so MANY, MANY more things. I want to make an effort more often to enjoy these days, that may someday be 'the good old days'. I want to thank the Giver of all good things.

James 1:17 Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment